Friday, May 13, 2011

Meet Thomas

Good tidings, 
My name is Thomas Lewes. I am 25 years old and I live in Paris, France. I am part the 97% population in the 3rd Estate. I just finished my studies at prestigious college on a scholarship. I was studying Modern Philosophy. I am very much inspired by the ideas of Voltaire and Montesquieu. I want to spread them to my people. My people are currently being suppressed by our superfluous king, his wife"Madam Deficit", and the Catholic Church. In this harsh economy jobs are scarce and we are all experiencing poverty. I just cannot stand the fact that when the royals and clergy dine on loaves and loaves of freshly baked bread in Versailles we; the peasants,cannot afford to buy a meager slice of stale bread  because of the high taxes. Our stomachs are constantly growling and not even the point of a mussel can silence them. Hunger has brought the worst out of everyone. In towns people are dying, robbing and killing each other for food and our governemnt remains oblivious to all this. We deserve a better government that cares, protects and presents us. I believe this and through my writing and speeches I want to inspire my country folk to believe this too.
Sincerely,
Thomas Lewes

No comments:

Post a Comment